Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Decision made

Well, I did it. Made the decision and put in my notice at my job of only 2 months. I don't like the person I've become since working there. Don't want to go into all of it, but I've been miserable and going into what I like to call "my dark place". I don't want to be there. If I've learned nothing else in my 36 (yes almost 37 years, Shan) of life, it's that life is indeed too short to be miserable. What good is having the same schedule as my family if they can't stand to be around me or if all I do is cry??? It's not the "learning a new job" anymore. Basically I have it down. It's the whole job, the environment, the type of nursing I do there. To me, it's not nursing. Not what's in my heart. I worked too dang hard to get my license to do something I hate. If nothing else, I have learned that my heart is in the nursing home. I "belong" there. I'm needed there. And I can make a difference there. And that's what it's all about, or should be. I feel a burden lifted. A little apprehensive about the next chapter of my journey. But I'm not filled with worry. God has opened doors for me that I never even dreamed would be there to begin with. He'll lead me on, I know that.

1 comment:

Shan said...

I am glad that you pointed out the 37...it is coming upon you quickly my dear child..quickly!!!