Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Time goes by fast...

Can't believe my second week on the job is almost over!! I had a few rough days. Nothing was wrong, everything went fine, but I just felt overwhelmed and like I had made a terrible decision in changing jobs. I was used to being GOOD at my job. I liked being GOOD at my job. Suddenly I was back to feeling like I had just come out of nursing school and knew NOTHING!!! I hate feeling dumb. But things are getting better. I'm getting the hang of it. Have gotten some good positive comments from my doctor. He seems to be happy with me and thinks I'm doing good, so I guess things are okay. I have to quit stressing over it. But I'm a major worrier and a people pleaser and as Greg pointed out to me, "my own worst critic". It'll be okay. For the most part, I'm happy there.
On another note, Sarah passed her driving test!! Got her license so she can drive with an adult over 21 in the vehicle with her. She was happy and I was very proud of her. Now, do I particularly enjoy riding in the vehicle while she's driving??? No....... Feels like I'm having an anxiety attack and wanting to vomit the whole time. She does fine. It's just me.
Guess that's it for today.

2 comments:

Shan said...

We all feel stressed when we are taken out of comfort zone. Each time I had to move to a different grade I had anxiety attacks for weeks (before and after school started). Two more days to the weekend. So happy for Sarah (of course we knew she would pass it). I don't know that I will be able to ride while my kids drive. I think the screamin' might bother them (ha ha).

--David said...

Way to go Sarah! She can hop in the driver's seat of my HEMI anytime she wants!