Monday, July 7, 2008

Back from vacation, new job, whirlwind of changes

We had a WONDERFUL time on vacation!!! I didn't want to come home :( Sea World was a blast!! The riverwalk was gorgeous. Corpus Christi was awesome. Why can't we be on vacation all the time???
Got home, barely settled in, and got a phone call from a local doctor telling me his nurse quit and offered me a job. Monday thru Friday, 8 to 4, no weekends, or holidays. Can you say "heck yeah"?!! Sure it's not going to be a walk in the park, but neither has the last year and a half at the nursing home. It's time for a change and this is just the change I need. NOW I know why it wasn't meant for me to take the job at Hillcrest. God does indeed work in mysterious ways, and this time He used my youngest daughter. I love it!!
Will try to post some pics soon. Haven't tried that yet, so we'll see if I can figure it out. If I can't, guess I'll holler at Dave for some pointers :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Michelle. This is Dave Henderson's Aunt, Shari. I hope you remember me. Last time I saw you was for Jerry's funeral. The ime before that was New Year's Eve at Dave and Shan's '05-'06!
Anyway, just wanted to say hey and that I saw the pics Dave posted on his blog o your day at th lake. I can't believe how big the girls have gotten! And Sara is taking driver's ed? OMG she can't be old enough for that yet!
Good luck in your new job. I am glad you made the change. Nothing worse than being miserable in your job!

Michelle said...

Hey Shari!! Of course I remember you. That was a great new year's eve, wasn't it?! Lots of fun!! I can't believe how big my girls are either. Sarah passed her driving test and can now drive with an adult in the car with her. Unbelievable that she's that old!! But then again, it blows my mind to be looking UP to Tyler!!