Thursday, May 15, 2008

Busy day

Whewww... today has been busy. Glad to be home. Had a doctor's appointment for myself in Texarkana at 9:00 then had to be home to get my mom to her doctor's appointment in Little Rock at 2:00. Lots of time on the road today, for sure. And lots of gas used in my van. Holy cow!!! So now I'm at home, just chillin.

My doctor wanted to start me on blood pressure meds today. I talked him out of it. Talked him into believing I would work on it by trying to shed a few pounds, watch my diet, and exercise. As if I have the energy to exercise!! But I know I really have to do it. And I will (hopefully). My problem right now is realizing that I'm only one person and there's only so much I (as one person) can do. This relates to my job. I have come to actually enjoy my job, or at least most of it. Yes there are some days that I leave and swear I'll never go back, but I get up the next day and there I am. I have to be there. My residents have squirmed their way into my heart until it's full of them. There's no way I can walk away now. But sometimes I guess I care too much. No, really it's not that. I honestly don't think you could possibly care TOO much. It's just when it seems like no one ELSE cares then all the burden lies on you. Oh enough of that...

Sarah got her teeth beautifully whitened yesterday. Can't wait til she's all finished. She's bummed tonight that Jess's softball game got cancelled- which means that Sarah doesn't get to hang out with her boyfriend. You know the rest of our family is devastated too (heavy on the sarcasm)

Well, that's all my tired brain can think of for now. I'm going to go catch up on some tv watching. Back to work tomorrow. Oh yeah- wish I could post some pics but it would probably count as invading someone's privacy. One of my special residents had a birthday today and when I got back from Little Rock I took her present to her. I got her a shirt, a coloring book, a balloon, and some strawberry ice cream. We had planned the ice cream because she doesn't like birthday cake. Man, seeing her face was priceless. We sang happy birthday together, then I fed her ice cream. She was so glad I got her a little carton because she didn't finish it all and I told her we could have ice cream again tomorrow! You know, it's truly the little things in life that mean the most.

No comments: