Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday

Well. My first blog. Actually, my first blog on this site. I tried a different one before but lost interest quick. Maybe this one will last.

I'm off work today. Today and tomorrow. It feels great to have two days of "rest". My youngest daughter, Jessica, is home with me right now. She had a softball game last night and got hit by the ball when up to bat. She's got a nice softball mark right now on her left outer thigh. It was kind of rough, so I let her stay home today to rest and recoup. Got to take my older daughter, Sarah, to the dentist at 2 p.m. She's finishing the process of getting her dental implant. It's been quite a process, but she's gonna have one heck of a smile when it's done!!

It's been quite a week. I lost my first resident on Monday morning. Actually was there at her side when she died. My other ones have died at the hospital or when I was off. I don't think it's ever going to get easy to deal with. At least I hope not. If it does, then I guess I'll know it's time for me to quit. It's hard to separate yourself- put emotions aside and be the professional. I think I did okay. But I miss her already.

That's about it for my first post. This may turn out to be a good thing after all.

2 comments:

--David said...

I enjoyed your blog. Sorry to hear about Jess. Hope Sarah's appt. went well. Sorry about your patient, but she was blessed to have you there with her and not be alone. --Shan

--David said...

Welcome to the blogging world!! Looks like I have another person hooked. :-) Man, if this was a multi-level-marketing scheme, I'd have it made! :-) Just kidding! I'm looking forward to reading your posts!