Monday, June 9, 2008

Mad

I honestly do not think I will survive having a teenage daughter. If my youngest ends up being like my oldest, please please shoot me now!!!
I was just posting yesterday about her getting this brand new haircut. It was so cute!! Made her look like this very pretty teenage girl. Then she gets the bright idea that she wants to color her hair. I was okay with this to a degree. She's had highlights and red streaks and wanted it to be all one color again. That was fine and I was agreeable to choosing a dark brown shade of haircolor. Mistake number one: that only led to a fight. I chose "honey brown" and she wanted "midnight black". Excuse me... NOOOO!!!! We compromised with a chocolate brown. Still darker than I liked, but I thought I could handle it. She decided to use it last night. I read the instructions and we applied it. I told her not to leave it on past 20 minutes or it would get too dark. I then got busy doing other things. Well, I guess there was a little note in the instructions I missed about getting "dramatic results" by leaving it in up to 40 minutes. Well, guess what my stubborn know it all daughter did??? You guessed it. Now she has black fried looking hair and she loves it! I can't look at her without being furious. I called her a little goth wanna be. She thinks it's cool and could care less what I think. I'm now sitting in my room trying to count to ten and reciting the Serenity prayer because every time I look at her I start boiling. Don't think I'm going to make it through these years...

3 comments:

--David said...

Hope you counted to 100. I already loved the color of her hair I thought it really brought out her eyes. Hmmm...writing this down for future use. Thank goodness you get to go through these years first, I promise they are not in vain...I am listening and learning. But seriously, you are better than me. I would have probably already made her get another color. What was Greg's reaction?==Shan

--David said...

Well, maybe it's cause I'm a guy, or maybe it's cause I am more...relaxed... about certain things, but to me, hair is just hair, and the color is just color. Yeah, easy for me to say since I don't have much up there, but kids go through these things. Take pictures. Later (like in 15-20 years), you can show her what she looked like and she will probably regret it as much as SOME people might regret having, er, um, BIG hair... :-) --Dave

Michelle said...

Funny how Shan sides with me on this :) It's a mom thing, apparently. Oh, Greg's fine, could really care less. And for the most part, I'm not big on hair issues. It's just the whole "goth" thing I dislike. She swears that she's not trying to be like that, but that's exactly what it makes her look like. That's my issue, really.